Puzzles provide opportunities for
preschoolers to develop manipulative skills and enjoy challenging activities. Bible story
- 5 paper bags
- letters—J-e-s-u-s (printed on labels or printed with a marker)
- 5 puzzles about Jesus
1. Prepare a bag for each letter: J-e-s-u-s.
2. Gather 5 puzzles about Jesus. Remove the puzzle pieces and place one set
of pieces in each bag.
3. Place a bag on top of each puzzle frame to match the pieces inside the bag.
4. Arrange the bags and puzzle frames on a shelf or a table.
- Invite a child to choose a bag and puzzle frame.
- Encourage the child to remove the pieces from the bag to place inside the
- Open Bible to the New Testament reference for the Bible story illustrated
on the puzzle.
- Talk to the child about Jesus and what He did.
- Read the Bible verse:
The Bible teaches us about Jesus (2 Timothy 3:15).
If you do not have wooden puzzles about Jesus, use Bible story pictures to
- Cut a piece of sticky-foam to fit the Bible story picture. Cut the picture into
- Use another foam piece (non-sticky), cut to fit the puzzle, to use
as a base for the puzzle.