The Giant Game Floor Mat is a resource that teachers can use in a variety of ways to enhance learning about Jesus during group time on Sunday mornings.
- Giant Game Floor Mat—LifeWay Christian Resources, Item 1114564
(can be ordered online or purchased at LifeWay Christian Book Stores)
- Command Hooks® for hanging on the wall
- white paper to place in the pockets (20 clear pockets on the mat)
- sticky notes
1. Print J e s u s on separate pieces of paper, one large letter on each page.
2. Make two or three copies of each letter.
3. Mix and insert the pages in the pockets of the game mat. (You do not have
to use all the pockets.)
- Ask a child to use a sticky note to attach to a pocket with the letter J on the
page. Choose another child to find the letter e and attach a sticky note.
- Continue guiding boys and girls to find the next letters to spell Jesus and
attach the sticky notes on the matching pages/pockets.
- Talk about the Bible story for the session or read Bible verses about Jesus
such as: Jesus is God’s Son (Luke 1:35), Jesus grew (Luke 2:40), Jesus
went to church (Luke 2:27), Jesus went about doing good (Acts 10:26),
and Jesus loves you (John 15:12).
Place the game mat on the floor. Provide a bean bag to involve children in
tossing the bean bag on letters to spell Jesus.