Expand the idea to make an A-Z cereal book. After selecting box tops for a book, save the extra boxes to use for play foods in the homeliving/dramatic play center. God gives food to us (Psalm 136:25).
- tops from various food boxes such as cereal, cake mixes, Jell-O® gelatin prepared mixes, and pudding
- paper cutter
- hole punch
- metal ring
2. Use a paper cutter to trim the edges of the box tops.
3. Put box tops in order (A-Z) if preparing an alphabetical book.
4. Add a piece of white cardstock for missing letters.
5. Punch a hole in the top left corner of each box top; add a metal ring.
Ideas for Box-top Book: Cereal,
A—Apple Jacks N—Nature’s Valley
B—Bran Flakes O—Oreo O’s
D—Dora the Explorer Q—Quaker Oatmeal Squares
E—Eggo R—Rice Krispies
F—Frosted Shreded Wheat S—Smart Start
H—Honeycomb U—Uncle Sam
I—Instant Oatmeal V—Vanilla Yogurt Crunch
J—Just Bunches W—Wheaties
L—Life Y—Yogurt Burst Cheerios
M—Multi-Grain Flakes Z—
(Note: Check www.en.wikipedia.org for list of breakfast cereals.
- Observe boys and girls “reading” the book as they name familiar cereals. Initiate
conversation about good food to eat. Thank God for good food.
- If letters are missing, ask a child to turn the pages and name the missing letters.