Tips to remember when teaching children.
Apply three principles;
One, learning should be fun (for me and the children).
Two, target the age level of the children.
**For children having fun includes something to do.**
Know your audience:
- They can think and reason so they can draw conclusions.
- They don’t understand symbolism yet.
- They like heroes. These heroes can be incorporated into the message as biblical examples.
- Remove distractions if possible.
- Attention span of a child is one minute per year of age. Change it up.
The teacher should remember:
1. Use appropriate words and body language.
2. Think about the image you want to convey. (Smile and look friendly)
3. Treat the audience as a single person.
4. Make eye contact. (Making eye contact means making a connection)
5. Consider letting the audience participate.
6. We learn best in times of enjoyment.