I have a chalk boards hanging on my wall and they are used as the Parking Lot. We often think of really terrific ideas we can implement in the Kid Min and if I don’t write them down, I will forget. My memory really stinks!
BTW-Yours does too.
Create a parking lot for your ideas and here are a few to consider for your Kids Ministry.
- Create inexpensive refrigerator magnets
- Children’s Ministry Photo Gallery on bulletin board and church website
- Choose a slogan- “Serving Children with Joy,” “Teach a Child, Grow a Life”
- Provide the church secretary with a steady stream of information.
- Poster around the church (move them around often)
- Ask music minister to use a song the children know (teach it to the congregation)
- Create a prayer team
- Display children’s artwork
- Place a TV in a traffic area and play a children’s session pre-recorded
- Interview a children’s worker during the worship service
- Host an open house for the congregation to see the children’s space
- List each month the staffing needs in church publications and emails