Children enjoy seeing bright colored gift bags that are ready to be opened. Place a Bible marker and Bible in each bag.
Enjoy a child’s curiosity and be ready to guide a child’s learning about what the Bible says. Christmastime is a time to use familiar Bible verses to tell the Bible stories about the birth of Jesus.
- 4 bright-colored gift bags
- tissue paper
- 4 Bibles
- 4 Bible markers
(See Bible verses printed below.)
1. Print Bible verses on paper. (The Bible story is included with each verse.)
You will have a son and call Him Jesus. Luke 1:31
(Mary’s Good News, Luke1:26-56)
Joseph did what God told him to do. Matthew 1:24
(Joseph Obeyed God, Matthew 1:18-25)
God said Mary would have the baby Jesus. Luke 1:31
(Mary Told Elizabeth, Luke 1: 26-38)
Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Matthew 2:1
(Jesus Was Born, Luke 2:1-20)
2. Cut the Bible verses in strips to make Bible markers. Place a marker in each Bible at the appropriate reference.
3. Add tissue paper to the bags. (See illustration.)
- Guide a child to choose a bag.
- As the child removes the tissue paper, explain that he will find something inside the bag to help him know about a special Bible story.
- Invite the child to open the Bible to the Bible marker and point to the words as you read. Review information about the Bible story.