- Lightweight Cardboard
- Adhesive backed vinyl or tape
- ⅛–inch ribbon
- Small beads
- Permanent Markers
- Hole punch
NOTE: A ¾ inch-by-6-inch cardboard with 24-inch ribbons would work well for the Illustrated Study Bible for Kids.
- Cut the cardboard at least ½ inch smaller than the width of the spine of your Bible, and at least 1 inch shorter than the height of your Bible.
- Cut the vinyl a little larger than the cardboard.
- Cut 3 or 4 ribbons at least 3 inches longer than twice the height of your Bible.
- Remove the backing from one of the vinyl pieces. Center the cardboard on the vinyl. Repeat for the other side and trim any excess vinyl.
- Use permanent markers to print Psalm 119:11 on the bookmark.
- Punch a hole in one end of the bookmark.
- Use a lark’s head knot to attach the ribbon to the bookmark:
- Fold the ribbon in half and push the loop through the hole. Thread both ends of the ribbon through the loop and pull to tighten.
- Thread a bead onto each ribbon and tie a knot to secure.
- Carefully insert the bookmark into the spine of your Bible. Use the ribbons to mark several places.