“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.” Proverbs 25:11
- Half-pint glass jars (Anchor-Hocking work well!)
- Green Card stock or scrapbook paper—variety of shades/patterns
- Tan or Light Brown Cardstock
- Small twigs—1/2” long and 1/8” in diameter (one per project)
- Quick Dry Craft Glue or Hot Glue
- Red Spray Paint or Red Acrylic Paint
- Paint brushes (if using Acrylic Paint)
- Twine or brown yarn
- Small heart pattern/die cut
- Hole Punch
- Candy (optional)
Make your Apple:
- Use quick dry craft glue to attach lid to band. Allow to completely dry before placing the lid on the jar.
- Paint the entire jar red and allow it to dry.
- Cut small leaves out of the green cardstock/scrapbook paper.
- Use quick dry craft glue to attach two leaves to a small twig.
- Use quick dry craft glue or hot glue to attach leaves/twigs on the top center of the lid.
- Cut a heart shape out of the tan/brown cardstock and hole punch one or both sides to create a tag.
- Personalize the heart with a name, Bible Verse, etc.
- Fill the jar with candy (optional)
- Utilize a piece of twine/yarn to attach the heart tag.