In this podcast episode, I discuss some leadership points every minister should be aware of and practice in their routine each day. Look over the list and evaluate what you are doing well and what you need to improve.
- I know my leadership is an extension of the Pastor. Children’s minister is not listed in the Bible.
- I am supportive of other staff members and never jealous.
- I speak of my loyalty for my pastor and support him publicly.
- I am attentive in staff meetings giving my attention and contributing as needed.
- I am prepared for the events and week to week activities.
- I care for my teammates and give affirmation for their good work.
- I make my requests with details and not just big ideas.
- I offer humor and laughter so conversations I have are not so serious all the time.
- I avoid any drama and I don’t act like other people’s mama.
How did you measure up? Listen to this short episode and discover some ideas for correcting and accomplishing the items listed here. What are some things you are faced with that I didn’t list?
This podcast was originally shared in June 2016.
Bible Skill Boosters – Green Cycle Bonus Book
The Green Cycle Bonus book is finished! This book is filled with fun games and activities for each of the 25 verses, as well as key passages, and Bible book games. Each idea is like a quick recipe with colorful pictures and simple, quick directions. There are lots of pages in the back you may copy to save you tons of time. This book is only available as a file download so you can use it now and not wait. We are looking forward to a fun year of learning our Green Cycle verses and key passages with these fresh new ideas. We hope you will use them too! Find this NEW Bible Skill Boosters – Green Cycle Book in our store.