It is time to “think spring” and prepare a new game for the Giant Game Floor Mat. The game mat can be used during springtime to remind boys and girls of God’s plan for the seasons.
Use the game mat in learning centers and in group time.
Spread the game mat on the floor or hang on the wall using Command Hooks®—four holes are provided on one side of the mat.
Supplies for Spring Activity for Giant Game Floor Mat:
- Giant Game Floor Mat (LifeWay Christian Resources, Item 1114564)
- construction paper (5 colors, 4 pieces each for 20 pockets/20 squares for
word cards) Use pastel colors, blue, green, pink, lavender, and yellow.
- white address labels/words and Bible verses printed on labels
- small paper plate
- paper strips for Bible markers
1. Laminate paper before inserting pieces in game mat pockets.
2. Cut paper into squares to make 20 word cards for pockets..
3. Print words on address labels. Attach labels to squares, and then
place word cards on a small paper plate near game mat.
Words: bees, birds, bugs, butterflies, clouds, clover, dandelions, ducks,
earthworms, flowers, frogs, grass, lambs, leaves, nests (bird), rabbits, rain, rainbow, seeds, sun
4. Cut matching colors to make strips for Bible markers. Print Bible verses on
address labels to attach to Bible marker strips.
God made the flowers (Genesis 1:11)
God made plants with seeds (Genesis 1:11)
God made every kind of fish (Genesis 1:21).
The birds make their nests (Psalm 104:17).
God makes the wind blow (Psalm 147:18).
5. Check illustration to see game mat, word cards, and Bible verses.
- Talk about spring to introduce the game. Read Look at the wonderful
things God made (Job 37:14).
- Invite a child to choose a word card on the paper plate and then place the
card on a pocket with the matching color.
- Insert the Bible markers in the Bible. Ask a child to choose a Bible marker.
After reading the verse in the Bible, the child can place the marker on one of
the matching colors on the game mat.
Click Here for a Printable Version