“In the Beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
- Boys—White Crew Socks (1 sock per child)
- Uncooked Rice
- Fabric Paint, Paint Pens or Permanent Markers
- Toddler Socks (variety of colors/patterns—1 sock per child)
- Small Craft Buttons (variety of colors—3 or 4 per child)
- Quick Drying Craft glue
- Rubberbands (2 per child)
- Ribbon or small crocheted scarves
- Add around 3/4 cup of dry rice to the bottom of the sock.
- Add batting on top of the rice, making sure to pack it in tightly until you reach the ribbed portion of the sock.
- Tie the remaining portion of the sock into a knot.
- Fold the ribbed portion down over the knot to create a cap.
- Shape the snowman by creating a head portion about a third of the snowman. Use a rubber band to cinch the top portion to create the head.
- Shape the remainder of the snowman body, so that the rice in the bottom creates a base that will allow the snowman to balance in an upright position.
- Cut the toe portion out of the toddler sock and place the sock on the snowman’s head to create a hat. Use ribbon or string to secure the top.
- Use paint pens, markers, etc. to create a face and decorate the hat.
- Use craft glue to add buttons, yarn and ribbons to embellish and complete the project.