- Copy paper box
- Exacto knife
- Four-foot long mailing tubes
- One swim noodle
- Yellow rolled paper
- Brown construction paper
- Yarn (tail)
- Two large wiggle eyes
- Flat craft foam (yellow)
- Toilet paper Tubes and Pom-Poms
- Begin by wrapping the empty copy paper box, smaller box, mailing tubes and swim noodle with yellow paper.
- Trace a circle around a tube in each corner of the box on the bottom and then cut open the circles. The holes should be tight to prevent the legs from wobbling. Follow the same process on the top of the copy box for the swim noodle, and also the bottom of the small box. The swim noodle should fit into this hole (on the top of the copy box) as well as a hole in the small box being used for the head.
- Cut many brown cloud-shaped spots for the giraffe then glue them on. We found a rubber band works great to hold the spots on the tubes until they dry.
- Add a wiggle eye on each side of the head.
- Create some small horns with the toilet paper tubes covered in yellow or cut out them out of craft foam and attach to the top of the box with a large brown pom-pom on each horn.
- Add ears cut from craft foam.
- The tail can be made from braiding yellow yarn.
Show me your giraffe pictures! Check out all of the VBS items in our store.