- Wax paper
- White construction paper
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- Small popsicle stick or toothpick
- Paint stirrer or a ruler
- Trashcan (Keep it nearby to throw the waxed paper covered in shaving cream!)
- Paper towels (for cleaning hands and tables)
NOTE: You may want to do this on a plastic tablecloth if there’s a chance that the food coloring may stain your table.
- Pull off a sheet of wax paper a little larger than your construction paper. Spray shaving cream evenly back and forth on the wax paper until it’s about the size of your paper.
- Drip different colors of food coloring on the shaving cream.
- Use a small popsicle stick to swirl the food coloring.
- Lay the construction paper onto the surface of the shaving cream and lightly pat it with your hands so that it makes complete contact with the shaving cream.
- Gently pull off the paper and lay it shaving cream side up on the table.
- Use the paint stirrer or a ruler to squeegee the shaving cream off of the paper. You can make many prints from the same shaving cream palette.