I like trying new ways to use the Giant Game Floor Mat. One mat can be used to create two separate concentration games. The game mat can be placed on the floor or hung on the wall.
Games for the Giant Game Floor Mat can be used for early arrival activities, learning centers, or in group time.
Supplies for 2 Concentration Games for Giant Game Floor Mat:
- Giant Game Floor Mat (LifeWay Christian Resources, Item 1114564)
- Command Hooks® to hang the mat on the wall—four holes are provided
- white paper plates, 10 sets of seed packages, colored adhesive circles
- white plates, 10 sets of photos of children, adhesive labels and marker
Fold the game mat in half to show 2 rows and 10 pockets.
Game 1—Matching Vegetable Pictures
Shop at the dollar store for seed packages; buy 2 each 10 different vegetable packages. Remove the seeds and save the packages. Mix the seed packages to place in the 10 pockets. Prepare 10 different colored circles* to stick on the plates. Cover each package with a white paper plate. To play, ask a child to call 2 colors and remove the plates to see if the pictures match. If the pictures match, stack the plates nearby. If they do not match, replace the plates and continue the game.
(*If you don’t have the circles, use markers to make 10 different circles.)
Game 1—Matching Photos of Friends
Photograph 10 children in your class; make duplicate prints. Mix the pictures and place one in each pocket. Print numbers from 1-10 on labels to stick on plates (or print directly on plates); place the plates in the pockets to cover the photos. See Game 1 for instructions on how to play the game.
- Recall the Bible verse God gives us things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17) as you play two different games with one Giant Game Floor Mat.