“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth.: Acts 1:8
- Four two-liter bottles, (Or utilize bowling pins, orange cones, etc.)
- Colorful Ring toss discs (Or painted paper plates—with centers cut out)
- Permanent markers or chalk markers
- Print the first part of the verse on the rings: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be My witnesses in . . . “
- Set up the four bottles (Or pins or orange cones) in a single line per team with about five inches between each one so that the target is getting further away.
- Label each target as follows: Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. (If using bottles or cones, create signs with the correct label to lay beside each target.)
Play the Game:
Divide children into equal teams and form lines several feet away from the bottles (pins or cones). Instruct teams to toss the rings onto the appropriate target and in the appropriate order. After each turn, have everyone say the verse together.
Label the rings with the books of the Bible and label the targets with the divisions. Ask children to toss the “book” ring onto the appropriate target.
Or simplify the game by labeling targets: Old and New. Have the children toss the rings onto the testament where the book is located.