Red Cycle Activity Ideas for verses 11-17
by Mark Jones and Lynn Jordan
11. Mankind, He has told you men what is good and what it is the Lord requires of you: to act justly, to love faithfulness, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
Block Sleeve: Use Block Buster blocks and add a sleeve around each block made from scrape laminating film. Print the words on separate strips of paper and insert each word into a sleeve. Stack the blocks (words) in order.
12. But I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44
Parachute: Write the verse on a handkerchief. Tie a string to each corner and attach to an army man. Challenge the kids to toss the parachute in the air and say the verse before it lands.
13. And if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Wheels: Create two matching paper circles (wheels) from card stock. Bind together with a brad through the center of each circle. Cut a small window about an inch long and quarter inch high on one side of the top wheel for words to appear as the back wheel turns. Write the words of the verse through the window in random order. Kids must turn the wheel to the correct word as they speak it. Races can be fun.
14. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Ice Spoons: Print the words of the verse on plastic spoons. Place the spoons in an ice tray, fill it with water and freeze. Challenge the kids to use their hands to melt the ice, then place the verse in the correct order. Adaptation: Write the words on Popsicle sticks. Freeze them in fruit juice. Allow the kids to eat the popsicles, and then place the sticks in order.
15. Just as you want others to do for you, do the same for them. Luke 6:31
Use your Noodle: Print the words of the verse on penne noodles. Challenge the kids to use a bamboo skewer to pick up the words in order.
16. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32
Off the Chain: Wrap masking tape around the center of large paper clips (leave a small opening or each side.) Write the words of the verse on the tape. Challenge the kids to use smaller paper clips to link the words and form a chain with the words in the correct order.
17. No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Dot-to-Dot: Attach the verse to a bulletin board with a push pin next to each word. Challenge the kids to use a piece of yarn to connect the words in the correct order.
Click Here for a Printable Version