A great way to usher in the holiday season and bless missionaries at the same time! A great family activity.
What you will need:
- Christmas Tree
- Christmas ornaments
- Gift tags
Put it together:
- Choose one of the Christmas in August missionaries from this site: http://www.wmu.com/index.php?q=blog/children/misc/christmas-august-children
- Make tags with the list of the items the missionaries are requesting.
- Make a sign with these instructions: “If you would like to provide the items on this list; take the tag and hang the ornament on the tree.” Be sure to include an ending date and any other necessary instructions.
- Set up a Christmas tree in a highly visible area of your church.
- Attach a tag to each ornament.
- Place the baskets of ornaments near the tree.
- Watch the tree fill up with ornaments!
- Note: Be sure to follow the guidelines carefully to insure that the missionaries receive items they can use.