- Adhesive-backed vinyl
- Metal washers
- Colorful tape and label dots
- Cane or dowel rod
- For each fish, cut one fish from the adhesive-backed vinyl and one fish from cardstock.
- Stick the 2 fish together with a small, thin washer sandwiched between the layers.
- Use colored tape and label dots to decorate each fish.
- Create a bookmark in a matching color with the same decorations. Add a ribbon to each marker.
- Secure a length of cord to the rod.
- Attach a magnet to the other end of the cord.
- Place the bookmarks in your Bible to mark verses you want to share with the children.
Allow the children to use the pole to catch a fish. Encourage the children to open the Bible to the page with the matching bookmark. Share the Bible thought you want the children to hear.