The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the Word of our God remains forever. Isaiah 40:8
What you will need:
- Clean fruit or vegetable can
- Can of spray paint
- Small plant or ivy
- Potting soil
- Ribbon or raffia
- Notecard or die cut shape
- Permanent markers
Put it together:
- Paint the can and let dry in advance.
- Children can decorate the can with permanent markers.
- Plant the flower in the can.
- Encourage each child to write “Happy Fall” and a Bible verse on the notecard or die cut shape and attach to the can using ribbon or raffia.
- Prayer walk your community and deliver plants randomly to houses around the church.
- Option: include a church brochure or bulletin with an invitation to attend services.