Kids love painting experiences!
- Variety of leaves
- Paper plates
- Play dough
- Paint (fall colors)
- Construction paper (fall colors)
- Tray or shallow pan
- Various types of paintbrushes (toothbrush, wide paint brush, skinny paint brush, etc.)
Gather a variety of leaves. Invite children to choose a leaf and place it on their construction paper. Show the child how to hold the leaf while painting around it or attach a small rolled piece of tape to the back of the leaf to secure it.
- Paint around the edge of the leaf.
- Use a skinny paintbrush to TAP paint around the leaf to reveal the leaf outline.
- Provide a tray for children to lightly splatter paint around the leaf.
- Use play dough to demonstrate how to make an impression of the leaf.
Remind the children that God made the leaves. Talk about the seasons.