- Large plastic lid (about 6 inch diameter)
- 7-10 small plastic lids (about 1 inch diameter)
- Glue gun
- Craft knife
- Pool noodle
- Plastic shoe box
- Use the glue gun to affix the small lids to the larger lid to make an artist’s pallet.
- Cut a hole for the thumb.
- Cut a slice the length of the noodle so that it can fit over the side of the shoe box.
- Use the knife to make several smaller slits along the top of the noodle so that wet paint brushes can be inserted.
Show the kids how to hold the pallet on their hand. When painting encourage the kids to use the paint brush holder to keep wet brushes off the table.
If you are looking for more helpful ideas for teachers, you can find them in the Time Saver Idea Notebook. It is filled with 150 ideas to use in childhood ministry. Topics include: Ideas for teaching preschoolers & children, reaching parents, leadership tips, general helps and lots of holiday ideas. The Time Saver Idea Notebook is available in our store. Order yours today!