We have many stories in the Bible that talk about boats. Today, I want to show you a fun sailboat idea that uses swim noodles.
It is nearing the end of summer and I discovered Walmart marks the pool noodles down cheaper to get rid of them. Once, I even offered the manager one price for the whole box and walked away with a bargain. We use these in the classroom year-round.
- Swim noodle
- Washi tape
- Scrapbook or colored paper
- Clear tape
- Cut two sections of the swim noodle at equal lengths (8-12 inches).
- Cut the front of the boat on a diagonal or bias.
- Secure the two noodle pieces together with washi tape.
- Poke a skewer into the center of the noodles for the sail mast.
- Cut a triangle sail shape from the colored paper and tape it to the skewer.
- Be sure to leave room at the top to add a flag.
In this beautifully illustrated book created for kids to read with their parents, author Mark Jones presents the amusing and easy-to-understand narrative of a father’s unconditional love for his children. Kids will giggle with delight, and parents are sure to be inspired to find their own special way to shout their love for their children, as they sit down together to read A Dad’s Gotta Do What a Dad’s Gotta Do. This book makes a great gift too. Find it in our store.