- Sealable sandwich bag
- Paint (two or three colors)
- 11-by-17-inch heavyweight paper
- Cut the string into one-yard lengths.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Place the string into the sealable bag, leaving about one-inch of string sticking out.
- Choose two or three colors of paint to squirt into the bag.
- Seal the bag (leaving the inch of string still sticking out). Knead until the rest of the string is covered in paint.
- Open the bag and remove the string, being careful to only touch the unpainted end.
- Arrange the string on one side of the paper.
- Fold the paper and place a weight over the paper. A heavy book in a plastic bag works well.
- Gently pull the string out and unfold the paper to reveal the art.