- Stretchy cheap colorful gloves – one per student
- Wiggly eyes
This is a craft idea for your Sunday School class or Wednesday night program when you have a hat and mitten drive during the winter. Everyone can donate mittens (hats, socks) to a local shelter and the kids in class can make a Mitten Monster to take home.
Kids can make these in a number of ways:
- The thumb can be folded in. Add eyes, nose, and a mouth. The face can be made with buttons, cut out of felt or glue on other embellishments.
- The gloves can be used with all five fingers out and turned upside down where the fingers represent hair.
- The gloves can be stuffed and sewn shut.
- Leave the glove open and insert that day’s Bible verse or a piece of candy.
Learning Centers Beyond Compare
Want to be a star teacher with little effort? Here is the secret weapon every preschool teacher needs, Learning Centers Beyond Compare. You will find over 200 center ideas and activities preschoolers will love. Ideas for puzzles, art, blocks, nature, homeliving and plenty of bonus ideas to use in music and group experiences. An added feature to the book is literacy activities. You will find it packed with literacy ideas for language, math and problem solving as well. Available as an immediate-digital download.