The Big Idea:
Consider photographing boys and girls to create a photo game. Children enjoy seeing photos of themselves and their friends. Photos in a Bottle is a game that allows children to identify people. God gives us things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17).
Things to Gather:
Supplies for Photos in a Bottle:
- water bottle
- white sand or salt
- self-adhesive labels
- photos of faces of boys and girls
- clear mailing tape
Put it Together:
- 1. Prepare the empty water bottle by removing the labels. (Use an adhesive remover to clean the bottle.)
- Copy the Bible verse Jesus loves you (John 15:9) on a self-adhesive label. Attach the label on the front of the bottle.
- Cut circles on photos to show faces of boys and girls.
- Drop the photos in the bottle. (See illustration.)
- Pour white sand or salt in the bottle to cover the photos. Secure the bottle cap with clear mailing tape.
- Explain that photos are inside the bottle. Guide a child to turn the bottle until he can see a photo and name the person. Choose another child to look for photos.
- Read the Bible verse on the label. Remind boys and girls that the Bible says that Jesus loves children. Personalize the verse to recall photos such as “Jesus loves Ada” and “Jesus loves Denver.”
- Pause to pray, thanking God for boys and girls. Thank God for the Bible that tells about Jesus and His love for people.