Points to Remember when Counseling Children
1. Deal with each child individually.
2. Ask open ended questions.
4. Encourage the child to express personal ideas and feelings.
5. Leave the door open for future conversation.
6. Understand the emotional, mental and spiritual development of a child. Here is a chart I use to reference this information. I hope it will help you too. Click Here
7. Use language a child can understand.
8. Refrain from offering rewards.
9. Use the Bible.
10. Don’t jump to conclusions.
11. Pray before, during and after your conversation with the child.
12. As often as possible, involve parents.