I am hot the trail of enlisting workers and I figure you are too. Right now I’m so tired from children’s camp and Vacation Bible School that I just want to lay down and sleep for a week. But NO! I need to follow-up on the kids that made decisions in these events and write Thank You notes to the army of workers and sponsors who have been faithfully serving. OH! And yes, I need to enlist teachers for Sunday School which kicks off in August when school starts.
As I am deep in my search making phone calls and personal visits, I am describing the joy of teaching kids on Sunday mornings. I thought I would share with you, what is children’s Sunday School all about. I hope this helps as you enlist your teachers and describe the great work of teaching kids..
Children’s Sunday School Teachers:
- Help lead children to Christ by laying biblical foundations for Christian conversation.
- Demonstrate the love of God to children by showing you really care for them.
- Show how a knowledge of God’s word helps children in their daily lives.
- Teach children that going to church is important, exciting, and rewarding.
- Nurture fellowship by helping children make new friends.
- Build relationships with parents and family members to strengthen your church.
- Build biblical values in children that will help protect them against the evil influences of the world.
- Provide guidance to children about finding God’s will for their lives.
- Provide Bible-based training about who God is; As Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Reap the reward of watching the children you teach grow and mature in Christ.