- Colored chalk
- Clear seal-able bags (sandwich or snack size)
- Clear plastic container with lid (small-travel size jar will work great)
- Baker’s twine
Pour a small amount of salt in to the clear bags and seal the bags.
- Invite children to choose a piece of colored chalk to add to each bag of salt.
- Massage the bags until all the salt is the color of the chalk.
- Have an adult cut off a small bottom corner of the bag.
- The child can funnel various colors/layers of salt to the container.
- A toothpick can be inserted next to the edge to make a pattern.
- When the pattern is finished help the child place the lid on the container.
- Tie strands of baker’s twine around the neck of the container.