One way that preschoolers learn is through curiosity. Salad spinners are great for a curious art project. I hope your preschool department has a salad spinner but if not, just bring one from home. It will wash!
- Salad spinner
- Small dessert plates (Non-glossy if possible)
- Eye droppers
- Write the child’s name on the back of a small plate or circle-shaped paper before starting.
- Tape the small plate or paper in the bottom of the salad spinner.
- Invite the preschooler to use the eye droppers to drop a paint color on the plate. Choose a second color to add if desired.
- Place the lid on the spinner bowl and show the child how to spin it.
- After a few spins, remove the lid and allow the child to see the design and add another color if they want.
- Repeat this process until artwork is completed.
Lynn Jordan and I teamed up to create new games and write a bonus book of Bible skills for the verses of the Red Cycle in Bible Drill. Bible Skill Boosters – Red Cycle is filled with fun games for each of the 25 verses, as well as key passages, Bible book games, and review games! The book is 18 pages of colorful pictures and simple, quick directions. Bible Skill Boosters – Red Cycle is available through our store as a file download.