Feature one Bible verse for the puzzles, using
different clip art, photographs, or pictures for each puzzle.
Think about the wonderful things
that God made (Job 37:14).
- metal drip pan (can be a purchased from an auto parts store or in the
automotive department at Wal-Mart for about $10.)
- 6 different pastel colors—card stock or other paper
- magnetic tape/scissors (Buy a roll of magnetic tape and cut into
pieces as needed.)
- clip art (from computer), photographs, or pictures to illustrate
“wonderful things God made.”
1. Print the Bible verse on the colored paper. Laminate the paper before
cutting into puzzle pieces.
2. Cut each Bible verse page into puzzle pieces. (See illustration.) Mix
the puzzle pieces and place in large zip-lock bag.
3. Make another set of the Bible verse pages. Use these pages
to show a child the picture before working the puzzle. The Bible
verse pages can also be used for other activities.
- Place the bag of puzzle pieces on the table with the drip pan.
- Guide children to separate the puzzle pieces by colors. When the
pieces are separated, talk to the children about working the puzzles on
the drip pan. Describe using magnetic tape to make the pieces stick to the
- Show copies of the Bible verse pages to help a child know how the
completed puzzle will look.
- Read the Bible verse. Talk about wonderful things God made.
- As a puzzle is completed, call attention to the illustration to see something God made.