Use this as a craft you can hang in your window or make it as a card for a special friend.
1. waxed paper
3. manual pencil sharpener (with a fairly large hole)
4. iron, ironing board and scrap paper (white computer paper or brown paper bag)
5. construction paper
7. glue stick
- ADULT: Plug in the iron and cover the ironing board with scrap paper. Set the iron to medium (no steam).
- Tear a piece of waxed paper a bit longer than it is wide and fold it in half. Then unfold to reveal the crease.
- Remove paper from crayons and ‘sharpen’ them in the pencil sharpener. Let the shavings drop onto half of the waxed paper.
- Feel free to use a variety of colors.
- When you have a pile of shavings refold the waxed paper.
- Fold a half inch around all the edges so none of the wax leaks out while ironing.
- Place the waxed paper containing the shavings down on the ironing board and cover with more scrap paper.
- Iron for about 10 seconds. Peek and iron a bit more if necessary. All the wax should melt. The longer you iron, the more your colors will mix.
- Let sit about 30 seconds to cool.