- Medium blue, king size flat sheet (two sheets in photo)
- Self-adhesive stars
- Black spray paint
- Yellow spray paint
- Wash and dry the sheet.
- Lay the sheet out flat and adhere stars to the sheet across the top third of the sheet.
- Stretch the sheet between two ladders to be painted.
- Spray paint (black) across the top of the sheet approximately one third down covering the stars and creating a darker dense black along the top portion. A more faded black (lightly painted) toward the middle of the sheet.
- After the paint is dry, turn the sheet upside down and secure to the ladders.
- Spray paint the top of the sheet approximately one third down to be the glow of the city when hanging right side up.
- When paint is dry, remove the stars to reveal the unpainted star shapes of the sheet. More stars can now be added to provide a little shiny twinkle affect.
- Hang the sheet in the classroom using large binder clips or bungie cords from a drop ceiling (ceiling tiles and tracks). Other ceilings may require tacks.