Make a pink shake without all the mess and without a blender!
What you will need:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Red food coloring
- Flavoring such as mint, vanilla, or strawberry
- Quart size zip close baggies
- Drinking straws
Put it together:
- Give each child a scoop of ice cream in their zip close bag.
- Let them choose their flavor (vanilla, mint, or strawberry). Squeeze the chosen flavors in the bag.
- Seal the baggie and have kids squish it until it is all mixed and partly melted.
- Open just a corner of the zip closed top and insert a straw.
- Enjoy your treats! Tell the Bible story and every time you mention the main character’s name have kids take a sip of their sweetheart shake.
- Other flavors: Orange dream with orange juice; Chocolate with chocolate syrup; Chocolate cherry with chocolate syrup and maraschino cherry juice.
- Decorate straws in advance with heart stickers for an extra holiday twist.