Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
- Quart-size canning jar or Ivy bowl (or a clear plastic 16 oz. cup)
- Tissue paper in fall colors
- Brown, yellow or orange construction paper
- Modge Podge
- Foam brush
- Large craft sticks
Tear tissue paper to form a variety of sizes.
- Brush Modge Podge on a section of the jar.
- Carefully add pieces of tissue paper, overlapping slightly and then gently brush over the top with a layer of Modge Podge.
- Repeat step two until the jar is covered. (The bottom of the jar is optional.)
- Using brown construction paper, tear out one or two tree shapes.
- Brush the tree shape(s) with Modge Podge and place over the top of the tissue paper.
- Tear an oval shape out of the orange or yellow construction paper. Use a marker to print the words “Give Thanks. Psalm 107:1.”
- Brush the oval with Modge Podge and add to the jar.
- Give the entire jar a final coat of Modge Podge to ensure all elements are adhered to the jar.
- Use markers to write the names of family and friends on craft sticks. Use the sticks to pray for the individuals and give thanks to God for them.
- Or use small squares of construction paper to have family members write down each day something they are thankful for and put it in the jar. On Thanksgiving, use the notes as a time to give thanks and praise to God.
- Use the jar as a “fall night light” by inserting a flameless tealight candle in the jar. The tissue paper will serve as a stained glass window effect with the light coming from inside the jar/cup.
|This durable vinyl Bible Book Hop Mat contains all the initials for the books of the Bible including the numbers 1-2-3. Children take turns hopping from letter to letter as they recite the books in order. It’s a great aid to help boys as girls as they are learning the books of the Bible! Order yours today!