- Three small sponges (various colors)
- Elastic hair tie
- Cut the sponges length-wise evenly into thirds.
- Line up all of the sponge parts so that they are stacked on top of each other with three across and three up.
- Twist the sponges and tightly wrap the elastic hair tie around the middle of the twisted sponges.
- Once secured twist the sponges more evenly to form into a sponge ball.
Have the children form a circle and begin tossing the sponge ball. Instruct each child that catches the ball to say a book of the Bible. Each child should shout the next Book in order or the next word in a Bible verse until all of the book or all of the verse has been stated.
Optional: Play outside. Soak the ball in water and have each child toss it for fun water play while saying the Books of the Bible or the words of a Bible verse.
A Dad’s Gotta Do What a Dad’s Gotta Do is the story of one seemingly ordinary dad who makes a certain Monday morning drive to school anything but ordinary for his two boys.
In this beautifully illustrated book created for kids to read with their parents, author Mark Jones presents the amusing and easy-to-understand narrative of a father’s unconditional love for his children. Kids will giggle with delight, and parents are sure to be inspired to find their own special way to shout their love for their children, as they sit down together to read A Dad’s Gotta Do What a Dad’s Gotta Do. Click here to order your book for arrival before Father’s Day.