If you have a metal drip pan, think about using it for tracing words in sand. The pan provides a large surface with “boundaries” for the sand.
A teacher can guide a child to look at the Bible verse words and use a finger to trace the words in the sand. The teacher will need to remind the child that the sand needs to stay inside the pan.
God gives us things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17).
- drip pan (can be purchased from an auto parts store or Wal-Mart)
- play sand
- Bible verse words printed on cards or pieces of paper
- Place the drip pan on a table.
- Arrange the Bible verse word cards in the center of the pan.
- Pour sand on each side of the cards.
1. Plan the activity to reinforce the Bible truths and Bible story for the session. Example: See photo. The Bible story about God giving the Ten Commandments to Moses reminds preschoolers to Do what God says (Deuteronomy 5:32). A teacher will have opportunities to emphasize the Bible truth, God gave us rules because He loves us.
3. Open the Bible to the reference, point to the words, and read the verse. Say: “If we sing a verse, we will remember it.” Sing the Bible verse words to the tune “God Is So Good”—Do what God says; do what God says; do what God says; God’s so good to us
4. Conclude the activity by asking boys and girls to talk about rules in their homes. Pray, thanking God for helping families do what is right.