- Small tree branches or plant
- Construction paper in fall colors
- Scissors, pencils/crayons
- Old magazines
- Glue sticks
Prepare: Place tree branches or small plant in a vase. Quaker Oat cans work great too, and you can decorate the can! Cut leaf shapes out of the construction paper or trace/cut everyone’s hand to make a special leaf.
- As students arrive, ask them to write or draw what they are thankful for. Younger children can cut/paste something out of a magazine.
- Place each of the leaves on the “tree.”
- Take turns sharing what they wrote on their leaf.
- Read 1 Chronicles 29:13 together. “Now therefore, our God, we thank You, and praise Your glorious name.”
- Ask someone to pray and thank God for the many blessings He has given us.
- Put the tree on display in your classroom to enjoy all season!