- Wide Popsicle sticks (six for each child)
- Yarn (various colors)
- Construction paper
- Wiggly eyes
- Hot glue (optional for adult preparation)
Glue or hot glue the six popsicle sticks together in a fan shape and let them dry. Doing this before class will save time. Draw a turkey body on a piece of construction paper and cut one out per child.
- Let the children tie the yarn onto a popsicle stick and weave yarn in and out.
- Tie the ends of the yarn in a knot behind the tail ends of when you change colors.
- Change colors and repeat until the turkey’s tail is multicolored and filled up.
- Glue the body on top of the tail.
- Cut a small yellow beak and glue it on the face.
- Glue on two wiggly eyes, and a small piece of red or orange yarn for the turkey’s gobbler.
- Draw on other details with a marker.