- Three wide Popsicle sticks
- Glue or hot glue
- Yarn (various colors)
- Wiggly eyes
- Green and black markers
This would be a great art project for summer, or a Bible story about the sea, or waiting on God’s timing (turtles are slow).
- Color the ends of the sticks with the green marker.
- Place three wide Popsicle sticks in a star pattern and glue them in the middle. Let them dry.
- Choose your first color of yarn and tie it around the middle of the sticks. Wrap the yarn around each way in the center (or however the child wants to weave it.)
- Change colors of yarn. Tie on the next color and wrap in around each stick working your way out.
- Change colors and continue to wrap it around the stick until you have the turtle’s body the size you wish.
- Tie or glue to finish.
- Add details like toenails and lines. Glue on wiggly eyes.