The Big Idea: A futuristic looking table with white table top and seat tops to match the look of the Visual Pack posters.
Supplies Needed: White Styrofoam Insulation Sheet, hot knife, permanent marker, 15 inch squares of double thickness cardboard, utility knife, cement mold tube, spray paint, aluminum foil and tape.
- With the Styrofoam lying face down on the floor, draw a large circle on one end. Use a string and marker as a compass to achieve a more uniform circle pattern.
- Use the same method to draw four smaller circles on the remaining material for the seat tops. (Hint- Use a round trash can or another object as a pattern or make one circle and trace the others to make all four circles identical.)
- Cut the cement mold tube to 30 inches in height. Then cover with aluminum foil and secure with aluminum tape or scotch tape. Add foam table top.
- Use leftover pieces of the tube for seats measuring 15 inches in height. Cover with foil.
- A seat frame can be created with 15 inch squares of cardboard. Draw an X from corner to corner to locate the center. From the center draw a line straight up and cut that line on both pieces. Now slide the two squares together as an X. Spray paint in bright colors and add the circle foam top.
- The table and stools are not to be used since they are props for the decorations. Add a tube of clear laminating film that you join together and tape if that is available to you. Flowers and/or an announcement sign on the table would be fine.