The Big Idea: These trusses are to provide an industrial look to the lab not hold up the roof. To create the look, the trusses will hang from the ceiling and connect to the wall
Supplies Needed: Full-size gray bed sheet, black permanent markers, three circle patterns, measuring tape and scissors.
- Wash and dry the sheet to remove any packaging creases.
- Lay the sheet flat on the floor and fold one corner to the opposite corner creating a large triangle.
- Measure 12 inches from the fold toward the corner and mark that.
- From each end of that fold, draw a straight line from the end (corners) to the mark.
- Cut both layers of the sheet along the lines to create both trusses. (Note- you will be cutting away a triangle shape, when unfolded is more of a diamond shape.)
- One hemmed edged goes against the ceiling and the other hemmed edge goes against the wall.
- Lay the sheet on a flat covered surface.
- Locate the center of the truss and trace a circle about the size of a dinner plate.
- Move over a couple of inches and trace a circle about the size of a salad plate on both sides of the larger circle. Then repeat with a smaller circle the size of a desert plate.
- Draw a shading edge by moving each plate over a bit and trace the edge then filling in with black marker ink. (Note- Fill in both sides since it can be viewed.)
- Cut and remove the fabric from the center of the circle.
- Add self-adhesive magnets along the top hem of the sheet every 6-10 inches.
- Hang the trusses by placing the magnets on the metal tracks of the ceiling and tape along the edge next to the wall.