The Big Idea: Provide a large metal table in the center of the vault to examine evidence.
Supplies Needed: Large flat box, four mailing tubes, utility knife, aluminum foil (widest size), tape, silver spray paint. Optional: rope light and transparent party trays.
- Spray paint tubes silver.
- Tape the lids of the box securely.
- Optional- Trace the party trays on the top of the box and cut inside the lines so the trays will sit on top without falling through.
- Trace the tubes opening on the bottom and cut so tubes fit as table legs.
- Cover the top of the table with foil and secure it with tape on the bottom.
- With gentle pressure, rub your hand around the openings of the holes to reveal on the foil.
- Cut the foil inside each hole allowing room to fold the foil inside the box then tape.
- Insert the legs and stand the table.
- Place the rope light inside the box and secure with tape. Cut a small opening in the bottom for the cord to pass through.
- Place transparent party trays in the holes so the light can be seen.
Watch Mr. Mark Create the Vault Room (PowerPoint)
Walk Through the Evidence Room with Mr. Mark (Video)