1) Use light green flat bed sheets (king size) that have been washed a dried.
2) Lay the sheet on the ground opened flat.
3) Lay a few palm leaves along the top row of the sheet in varied directions (not a uniform pattern) and spray paint over the leaves with a medium green color.
4) Move the palm leaves down a bit and continue painting.
5) Repeat until the sheet is covered.
6) Repeat this process with a darker shade of green and if needed, with a light green although the light green of the sheet should be enough.