Summer attendance can be erratic as kids and teachers take vacations or go to visit family. Here are a few ideas to help your kids stay connected throughout the busy summer:
- Make “Flat Stanley” versions of your Children’s Minister. Encourage the kids to take him along on all their adventures. (There are web sites that will turn any picture into a cartoon.) Ask parents to upload photos to facebook or other shared web sites.
- Make an “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” bulletin board to display post cards kids send from their travels.
- Encourage kids to bring you a bulletin from any churches they visit.
- Prepare travel bags for kids to take on trips. Include travel games and a copy of the pupil’s piece for the Sundays they will be away.
- Remind your leaders to take their students’ names and addresses on their vacation so that they can send postcards to those in their classes.