“Give thanks in everything for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
I don’t mean to BUG you . . . just wanted you to know that JESUS loves YOU!
- Corrugated cardboard
- Washable markers
- Chenille stems
- Googly eyes
- Clothes pins
- Small magnet
- Quick drying craft Glue
Cut cardboard shapes: One – 3 1/2” X 2 1/2“ Oval; One -2 1/2” X 1 1/2” Oval; Two – 3/4″ circles and one small heart shape. Cut chenille stem into six equal sections to create the legs.
- Outline shapes with a dark marker and then decorate the entire shape.
- Glue the smaller oval onto the larger oval to create the head.
- Glue the circles onto the smaller oval to create the eyes.
- Glue the heart piece on to the bug body.
- Tip one edge of the chenille stem into glue and then insert in corrugated side of bug. Repeat the process for each leg.
- Glue a clothes pin to the back of the bug and add the magnetic button.
- Glue googly eyes to the circles.
- After the glue has dried, add a preprinted verse card or allow kids to write a Bible verse or greeting on an index card.
- Allow kids to keep the Bugs and clip their memory verses in them each week. BUG them about learning their verses!
Give the completed projects to the church staff to deliver to members in the hospital or a nursing home. Another option: Take the kids on a mission trip to a nursing home. Pass out the gifts, sing a few songs and spread the love of Jesus!