Provide a large amount of cotton balls for “snowballs” to play games and enjoy other wintertime activities.
Consider the suggestions for games using the drip pan or encourage preschoolers to toss the cotton balls in a container.
Another idea would be to place the cotton balls in basket or plastic container and hide Bible verse words in the cotton balls. Guide the children to take turns moving the cotton balls around to find the words.
Supplies for Winter Games:
- metal drip pan (can be purchased from auto parts store or in the automotive department at Wal-Mart for about $10)
- masking tape
- cotton balls (Inexpensive ones can be purchased at dollar store.)
1. Use masking tape to divide the drip pan into four sections.
2. Stack cotton balls in the sections of the pan. (See illustration.)
Alternate Idea: The cotton balls can be piled in the middle of the pan rather than in sections.
- Guide boys and girls to use the cotton balls as “snowballs.” They can work in individual sections or together if the cotton balls are piled in the middle of the pan. Guide children to arrange the cotton balls to look like a snowman or stack to make piles and walls. The cotton balls can also be used to create patterns or shapes.
- Consider using the cotton balls for counting games.
- Open to Bible to Psalm 74:17 and read God made the winter, and then read God gives us things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17). Name some of the things to enjoy in the wintertime.